This’ll be a fun search party…

So it seems my last page drew a bit of controversy. The missing persons posters number about 147, but are composed of about 20 repeated images, so each image repeats about 7 times on average.

This is fairly noticeable if you take the time to look over them intently, rather than stepping back like Igon & Rain and grasping what they truly represent. At their numbers, they cause my processor some sizeable strain to show, much less interact with. I could have taken the likely hours to draw each face into an individual, likely depleting my motivation to do so within the first hour or two.

In truth, my goal was to show a large problem being ignored simply because people are tired of hearing about it or attempting to solve it, though I’m sure the metaphor could be assumed about the loss of seeming individuality in a large mass of victims (”Faces beginning to all look alike”). If you don’t examine them closely, taking Igon & Rain’s perspective, you see exactly what was intended: A big problem, being ignored.

All that’s behind us for the moment however, as we start to actually investigate this problem with a pair of characters with an inherent motivation to help.

1. Rain: I’m taking you off my Boccobsmas card list.
    Igon: You don’t have a Boccobsmas card list.
    Rain: Then clearly you were the only person on it.

How much of that was deadpanned? It feels like Rain would have deadpanned that whole thing while Igon would be a little more reactional to it.

Either way, I love it.

Comment by Pokota / Raekuul — February 18, 2010 @ 12:40 am

2. Basically all of it was deadpan. Igon moreso however, out of annoyance.

Comment by Lying — February 18, 2010 @ 1:11 am

3. I didn’t really mind the repeats, I just thought it was funny. :P

Comment by The Gremlin — February 18, 2010 @ 3:58 pm

4. Pokota: You got the characters mixed up. Igon’s taking Rain off his Boccobsmas card list.

To Lying: I love the deadpan. It is hilarious.

Comment by dragongirl13 — February 18, 2010 @ 9:46 pm

5. this just hit me, how did they get the scroll mark back?
    they lost it and then on page 18 Igon had it on his back again.

Comment by Zazz — February 20, 2010 @ 9:02 pm

6. I like how this comic is turning into a Scooby-Doo type of thing. :P

Comment by Nameless — February 21, 2010 @ 11:21 am

7. By the way, Igon’s the one who said ‘I’m taking you off my Boccobsmas card list’. See, the voice is coming from the right (viewer’s)side, which is where Igon was when the lights went out.

EDIT: Ah, dang it, I need to read the other comments before opening my mouth.

Comment by The Gremlin — June 7, 2010 @ 9:34 pm