This should be interesting.
To see this page in regular-o-vision, click here. What you see above in the penultimate frame is the result of a test to see if I can a. make the website accept non-png files as comic pages and display them appropriately and b. make gif images with basic fading animation at least. The fading here is a little too quick to properly suit the context but it’s a good proof of concept (Assuming you readers out there actually can see it…).

There were quite a few complaints about the action-packed initial pages of the book, especially when the action in static frames made it difficult to understand what was going on, so I put my head to ways to solve that. I don’t think this method will be common, at least not for some time, but it is pretty interesting and opens up some remarkable avenues for my artistic flair for the dramatic to move into later on.

1. Two things.

One: Okay, i was about to say it would be better in this instance to keep each frame in the animation sequence solid instead of fading in and out but you adressed that in your comments.

Two: wouldn’t it have made more sense to put this page before the last one? the scene transistion seems a little… odd, jarring?

Comment by Kumo — September 6, 2010 @ 1:30 am

2. Yep, I can see the gif. I think it’s pretty cool. Look forward to seeing more gif’s in later comics. :)

Comment by dragongirl13 — September 6, 2010 @ 2:38 am

3. I can see it also. It looks awesome and I hope to see more of it later.

Comment by Tydude — September 6, 2010 @ 12:06 pm

4. Hmm, only problem I can see is that the panels with the animation have no text, so when you’re scrolling down you just see “I think I’m going to like you Spire,” kinda skipping the beat panels.
    Perhaps if you try the same in the future, you should make the animation take up one row.

Comment by Gark — September 6, 2010 @ 4:09 pm

5. Brilliant. I have never seen this made before.

But indeed, eye catches and then skippes the moving panel too easy, so i second Gark with row-wide gif panel if you are going to use it again :)

Comment by Iced — September 6, 2010 @ 7:33 pm