He’s just got one of…those…faces…oh right…
Perhaps I should take a moment to clarify, to all those of you still around (And there’s a surprisingly large number it seems, judging by my web stats), my position towards updates.

On an update day (Currently meaning Mondays and Thursdays), I will always try to give you all something for you to enjoy. Ideally that will be a comic, and 9.89 times out of 10 it will indeed be a comic, but it might also be a Chronicles of Arcania entry, or heaven forbid a guest comic or guest writing (Vikkie’s Brigitte story falls into the latter). Occasionally I will throw some piece of fiction or speculative writing up here on a non-update day too, often when my brain gets stuck and lodged on some specific topic or idea.

The fact is, I’m amazed so many read this comic. Not a big number mind you compared to some of my peers, but I mean, I’ve heard so many gripes and complaints and criticisms over the years I’ve done this comic, such as over the flaws of the art style, the artistic similarity to Order of the Stick (Which, I will admit, still exists, but I have diverged somewhat considerably on an artistic level), the writing, the dialogue, etc. that I can sometimes scarcely imagine why anyone still reads this at all.

And then something like Monday happens, and I’m reminded that I have fans.

Not just readers mind you, fans, people who come back to this website on a near-daily basis to see if I’ve done something, and people who not just read and absorb what goes on here but who actually enjoy and are entertained by all my stuff. That’s really amazing to me, considering I started this comic on a whim on a rainy day in late 2007, that I have such wonderful people finding me for whatever reason important.

So if, twice a week, I can present you wonderful folk with something to try and repay you for your often-silent contribution towards all this effort, I will not think hard about whether I should or not. If I have an Internet connection and a computer, you will get something to enjoy here.

1. That’s nice of you =) It’s an awesome comic. Keep up the good work.

Comment by Kumo — October 21, 2010 @ 3:06 am

2. Key word: Silent. ;)
    And just keep making comics, and we shall keep reading them. Remember’s one of my favourite webcomics, and I read a lot. :D

Comment by The Gremlin — October 21, 2010 @ 3:30 am

3. Yeah, keep it up! I’m definitely a fan, and I’ll keep reading Remember to the very end.

Also: I think I’ve got Spire figured out. But I won’t say how. Mwa ha ha! :D

Comment by dragongirl13 — October 21, 2010 @ 3:45 am

4. Hey, I quite enjoy this. You’ve got an interesting story, and while the art style is still reminiscent of Order of the Stick, you’ve added your own style and details. While I never comment, I’d like to say that I always check this out, and it’s one of my favourite comics.

Comment by shaddy_24 — October 21, 2010 @ 4:50 am

5. I got no idea what’s going on with Spire, but I do like the comic.

Comment by Dusty668 — October 21, 2010 @ 7:53 am

6. “The artistic similarity to Order of the Stick” isn’t really a point to gripe about. Given the origins of the world, the art style should be seen as an homage or something non-negative (double negatives ftw! or is that a triple negative now?…). Though I must remind you, again, that the mouths at the beginning of this book were an abomination akin to C’thulu or the masters of the dinosaur ponies (see Darths and Droids).
    I seem to be forgetting something… it’s two words, starts with a “t,” but I can’t remember anything else. Oh well, it probably wasn’t important.

Comment by Gark — October 21, 2010 @ 9:40 pm

7. Almost forgot to demonstrate my omniscience: I thought there’d be people complaining about the lack of a comic. Are they these wind-blowers who you keep talking about?

Comment by Gark — October 21, 2010 @ 9:42 pm

8. Posting here to show support. :3

Comment by Taawus — October 22, 2010 @ 12:05 pm

9. I don’t post often here, but I’m a fan. Remember is awesome and I’ll read it until the end, and if you decide to to another comic, ‘ll read that one too.

Comment by danzama — October 23, 2010 @ 2:54 pm

10. I just realized who the redhead is in this comic.

Can’t believe i didn’t notice it sooner :D

Comment by Kumo — October 24, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

11. I bet Spire is actually Lorna. It makes sense, in a weird sort of way.

Comment by The Gremlin — October 29, 2010 @ 10:49 pm