Call to adventure: 1
Paladin:0
Lying is playing right into the mentality of Gwen here, he knows that as a mother she’ll do almost anything to get her son back, and that as a paladin she has tremendous morale conviction, to the point of well-trained and potentially ruthless violence.

Luckily for his bargaining position, he also knows that he can regenerate damage and lost limbs…

On the artistic side of things, I really tried to stretch my ability to use perspective on this page, with changing viewpoints and angles. I’m not entirely sure how well I managed it, but it’s certainly taught me a few new tricks for doing perspective, especially front-view bodies.

1. Perspective experiments came out looking quite good. :)

Comment by dragongirl13 — March 3, 2011 @ 3:06 am

2. Typo in the last frame - should be “to *do* all of Avbaroy a favor.”

And Igon is rather cold-hearted, isn’t he? Though from the sounds of it the son is safe and sound, so it’s just the reunion he’s holding over her head.

Oh, have we seen her son before? Also, how did Igon and Rain survive their suicide-bomb?

Comment by linkhyrule5 — March 3, 2011 @ 5:06 am

3. Typo in fourth panel, you mis-spelled “deliberately”. But other than that, this one looks very good.

Comment by secunda — March 3, 2011 @ 7:53 am

4. Ah, of course.
    I knew that shiver episode was gonna end up being useful.
    Nice to know Nietzsche was right.

Link: They didn’t, from what I understand.
    Hint: Clones.

Comment by Nutty — March 3, 2011 @ 2:15 pm

5. Yeah, I was just thinking about clones… had already made the connection, but was contemplating how useful that spell is for the lone spellcaster who doesn’t want to go into lichdom.

Comment by Gark — March 4, 2011 @ 9:21 pm

6. Technically you haven’t seen the Nine Hells. Only… i think four or five Hells. =P

Comment by Kumo — March 5, 2011 @ 6:12 am