Nerdening: The Sequel. Colour-blind edition

By some miracle of Odin I’ve managed to get about a week ahead on comics, almost meeting my old standing point of 3 comics. Doubtful I’ll reach that point before I head back to university in the coming week, but a man can dream. I’m definitely getting to have a lot of nerdy fun with Saleme’s thought processes, though I can’t help but wonder how much of it all is going over your heads, dear readers…

1. Oh, I can answer that. Almost all of it. No less amusing though.

Comment by Mindsword — December 29, 2011 @ 3:26 am

2. I can kind of understand Saleme’s thought processes; I only have basic understanding of code, but I can tell what’s going on.

Comment by dragongirl13 — December 29, 2011 @ 4:58 am

3. She used burning hands? That’s surprising.

Comment by blackjack217 — December 29, 2011 @ 5:29 am

4. Burning Hands. A first level spell. An AREA EFFECT spell.
    I think Rain might be what some call ‘over-specialized’. She better come up with something more effective, right quickly.

Comment by The Gremlin — December 30, 2011 @ 1:42 am

5. You overlook the possibility that she was testing her theory of what Saleme is before resorting to something more specific. She knows only slightly more than the reader about Saleme at this point, which is exactly how Saleme likes things.

Comment by Lying — December 30, 2011 @ 1:52 am

6. I’m clearly blind, as I cannot note the difference between the color-blind and the normal editions side by side.

Comment by Chameon — December 31, 2011 @ 3:12 am

7. Oh, it’s a link!

That text is indeed much easier to read.

Comment by Gark — December 31, 2011 @ 6:31 am

8. Lessee… on the left side, she’s rotating something (no waits, which means she’s running as fast as her processor, which is odd). On the right… some sort of compounded logistic output?

Comment by linkhyrule5 — January 4, 2012 @ 2:30 am

9. Mostly correct!

On the left is a loop to generate an array of vector points on a circle, which Saleme is using to generate the sphere shape that acts as the basis for her skull. On the right is another loop that serves as part of her extended “brain”, the code is part of a neural network process.

She doesn’t have any wait commands because she’s not using a processor, she’s pushing energy from her psionic consciousness into a region of ectoplasm in her construct that she’s molding into circuitry, or in effect she’s using a scripting language above Basic. Similar methodology was used in Minecraft before the advent of redstone, where players would use water flowing through sand structures to generate outputs.

Comment by Lying — January 4, 2012 @ 3:29 am